Why bother with mission, vision, and values?
When was the last time you looked at your mission, vision and values?
At ARK, we often work with organisations to support them with corporate planning, strategy and board away days where these foundational ideas are discussed.
The mission, vision, and values are important in a company because they provide a clear direction and purpose for the organisation.
A mission statement defines the company’s overall purpose and the specific goals it aims to achieve.
A vision statement sets a long-term aspiration for the company and provides a sense of where the company wants to be in the future.
The values are the guiding principles that the company’s employees and leaders use to make decisions and conduct business.
Together, a company’s mission, vision, and values help to define its culture, shape its strategy, and guide its actions. They also serve as a source of inspiration for employees and can help to attract and retain talented individuals.
At ARK Consultancy, we recently refreshed our mission, vision, and values. We did this for a number of reasons: it had been a while since we looked at them and, as we all know, the last few years have been a tumultuous time so we wanted to make sure that our mission and vision were accurate and fit for purpose. Our team has expanded and we felt it was important that everyone knew and understood these key things about us, plus we also want to be better at sharing them with our clients.
To support the affordable housing sector to achieve its goals and deliver the high-quality homes and effective services that residents deserve.
To be the consultancy partner of choice for organisations which want to deliver excellent results through high-performing people, assets or resources.
Excellence, Knowledge, Integrity, Commitment
Our MVV as we like to refer to them, are the foundations of our business and play a key role in giving us our direction, explaining who we are, informing our decisions and strategy and shaping our culture and brand.
Benefits of mission, vision, and values to your organisation
There are several benefits that a company can gain from having a well-defined and communicated mission, vision, and values, they include:
- Improved clarity and direction: A company’s mission, vision, and values can provide a clear sense of direction and purpose for the organisation, which can help to focus efforts and resources towards achieving strategic goals.
- Increased engagement and motivation: When employees understand and align with a company’s mission, vision, and values, they tend to be more engaged and motivated in their work, which can lead to improved performance and outcomes.
- Better decision-making: A company’s mission, vision, and values can serve as a guide for decision-making at all levels of the organisation, helping to ensure that decisions are aligned with the company’s overall direction and priorities.
- Improved reputation and branding: A company with a clear and compelling mission, vision, and values can establish a strong brand and reputation, which can attract customers, employees, and investors.
- Increased customer loyalty: Customers are more likely to remain loyal to a company that has a mission, vision, and values that align with their own beliefs and values.
- Better talent acquisition and retention: Companies with a clear and inspiring mission, vision, and values can attract and retain the best employees, as they are drawn to the company’s sense of purpose and direction.
Benefits of mission, vision, and values to your employees
There are several benefits that staff members can gain from immersing themselves in a company’s mission, vision, and values:
- Sense of Purpose: Understanding and aligning with a company’s mission, vision, and values can give staff members a sense of purpose and direction in their work. This can help to make their work more meaningful and motivating.
- Alignment with Personal Values: When a staff member’s personal values align with a company’s mission, vision, and values, it can lead to a greater sense of satisfaction and fulfilment in their work.
- Clear Expectations: A company’s mission, vision, and values can help to set clear expectations for staff members in terms of their behaviour and performance. This can help to create a sense of accountability and responsibility among employees.
- Better Communication: Staff members who understand and internalise a company’s mission, vision, and values can communicate more effectively with others both inside and outside of the organization.
In conclusion, mission, vision, and values play a critical role in the success and sustainability of organisations and the engagement and motivation of their staff.
Please contact us at ARK if you require support with your corporate strategy or business planning. We can help you to work with Boards and facilitate away. Call us on 0121 5153831 or send an email to email@example.com – we’d love to talk.
News & Insights
Read the latest housing sector news, blogs, and commentary from ARK.
The landscape of landlord-tenant relations is undergoing a profound shift with the recent introduction of the Social Housing Regulation Bill. …
This December, a group of dedicated colleagues will collectively cover an impressive 1,500 miles, virtually reaching our farthest north, east, …
Join our team! We are recruiting for a Assistant Director of Housing Management Consultancy Services. Find out more about the …
Subscribe to our newsletters for the latest industry insights
Our newsletters and reports will keep you updated on topical issues from the sector as well as what’s happening at ARK.