Nottingham City Homes – Operational Delivery Review
Nottingham City Homes (NCH) is a former ALMO, which provides housing management services to 27,500 homes including independent living communities.
We were commissioned to support (NCH) in the review of its senior management structure to ensure that it was fit for purpose, demonstrably lean and provided value for money in the eyes of the Company’s Board and stakeholders. The key objectives were to ensure a structure which reflected transparent management principles, optimised value for money in the delivery of existing services and to enable the organisation to develop and deliver new business opportunities to achieve their ambition for growth.
Our team worked with the senior leadership team, trade union representatives and City Council stakeholders to review the existing organisational structure, roles and responsibilities, span of control and operational processes.
We produced a comprehensive report detailing several recommendations, the outcome of which included:
- Embedding of the ‘golden thread’ to link the vision and values to people’s competencies and behaviours.
- A review of senior managers skill sets and experience to ensure they could respond effectively and positively to the growth agenda.
- The deployment of effective management practices across departments.
- The development of service level agreements from the support service functions to the rest of the organisation to clarify ownership and accountability between divisions.
- Increased automation of manual systems and processes to aid efficiencies.
- Further modernisation of the DLO service to ensure that it was fit for purpose and maximising productivity, combining or co-locating some services to create efficiencies in both staffing resource and opportunities to improve the customer offer.