We are delighted to be supporting with the recruitment for a crucial role which will make a real difference to Rugby.
Rugby Borough Council are looking to appoint a Non-Executive Chair. This is a new opportunity to help shape the fastest growing town in the Midlands. Rugby is at an exciting point in its growth with significant home building and regeneration of the town centre.
This role will be part of this change and help the Council deliver its corporate strategy. By helping to generate income through its property portfolio ultimately you will be helping to provide increased funding to deliver excellent public services to the residents of Rugby.
|Employer||Rugby Borough Council|
|Application close date||11th January 2022|
|Functions||Chair for a Shareholder Committee, provide oversight and scrutiny on the performance of trading companies.|
A trading company, Caldecott Developments Limited (CDL), has been set up to enable Rugby Borough Council to deliver on its overall strategic vision for the town and district. The aim of CDL is to help deliver new housing at pace and scale, to facilitate the development of property and land while achieving financial returns for the shareholders and securing economic, social, and environmental well-being within the administrative area of the Council.
This Non-Executive role will be the Chair for a Shareholder Committee of elected Councillors. You will chair the committee to oversee and scrutinise the commercial trading aspirations of the Council, the performance of its trading companies and support Rugby Borough Council as beneficial shareholder of CDL.
If you can bring some or all of the following skills to the table, then we would like to hear from you:
- Ability to support the Boards of the trading companies to achieve their short and long-term business objectives
- Ability to scrutinise, critically appraise and approve performance against business plans and provide constructive challenge.
- Ability to understand budgets including capital expenditure that drives the outcomes set within the business plan and underlying strategies.
- Ability to review and monitor performance data and ensure that management information provided is sufficient to enable the Council to be confident in its investment.
- Ability to understand effective controls and risk management.
- Ability to enhance the reputation and image of the Council by representing it as an ambassador at Committee, Council and related events.
- Knowledge of property, regeneration or asset management would be useful but not essential. The passion to make a difference for Rugby is more important.
This Non-Executive Chair will attend four to six evening meetings per year. An annual allowance of £3,377 will be paid for this role.
For more information and to apply for this role:
To view full details of the role profile please click here. You can also contact Helen Scurr who can talk more about the opportunity and what will be required, on 07531607811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and what qualities you can bring to the team to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 11 January 2022.
Interviews will take place 19 January 2022.