£85,000 – £90,000
Location: Hybrid with some office working in Birmingham
We are recruiting for an exciting new senior leadership role which will help us to expand our technical consultancy offer. If you have experience of working in the housing sector with extensive building and technical expertise, we would love to hear from you.
As Director of Technical Consultancy Services you will play a key role in advising clients in a range of key areas such as building safety, compliance and sustainability, helping us to expand our technical products and services to meet our strategic aims.
This is an opportunity to join our thriving business which is driven by the desire to see organisations performing and operating at their best. We are a leading multidisciplinary management and technical consultancy offering a consolidated service to housing associations, local authorities, Government bodies and the charitable sector.
You will have responsibility for developing and leading a profit centre team with the aim of increasing ARK’s technical services by:
- Providing technical support and knowledge to our clients in areas such as stock condition surveys, investment programmes, contract management, programme and project management, employers agent services and asset management consultancy
- Providing support and advice to clients on all matters associated with compliance and building safety.
- Leading our support to clients on decarbonisation, including assessment, design, investment planning, funding and delivery of projects and programmes to achieve net zero
- Providing technical support relating to the development of new homes utilising MMC.
- Maintaining and promoting ARK’s asset related software tools such as asset grading (ASAP) and benchmarking and to be one of our appraisal experts.
- Identifying and contributing to the development of new technical services and software products where there is a gap and potential in the market.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and building systems knowledge, understand building regulations and compliance requirements. You will be knowledgeable in risk management and the principles of good governance. Ideally, you will have experience of setting, procuring and project managing investment programmes.
You will be an excellent leader with an extensive network of contacts, who is used to driving performance, meeting financial targets, growing workstreams and thinking strategically. We need a self-starter, with great interpersonal and communication skills (including the ability to write high-quality concise reports) and a strong commitment to the social housing sector.
ARK is an inclusive employer and our aim is to have a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. If you read this job description and meet most of the criteria, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com, clearly stating the role you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 31 August, 2022 at 5pm
Interviews will be held week commencing 5 September 2022