The tough economic climate means we are all faced with ever-increasing workloads due to reduced resources, for an organisation this often leads to increased poor mental health amongst employees and an increase in sickness absence due to stress related issues.
Budget cuts have seen the UK public sector workforce drop by over 900,000 since 2010, changes to terms and conditions and pay freezes have led to many people being worse off as the cost of living continues to rise.
The results are rising stress levels, with a knock-on effect on health, wellbeing, performance, confidence and general happiness.
This two-day course will provide delegates with the ability to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis.
All delegates completing the course will receive Mental Health First Aider accreditation.
Training is delivered through a mix of highly interactive group activities, presentations and discussions.
YOU WILL LEARN
- A deeper understanding of mental health and wellbeing and the factors that can affect well being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- What leads to emotional snapping
- How to step in and reassure and support someone colleagues in distress
- How to help someone having a panic attack
- Five things you can do to encourage someone to do to improve their wellbeing
- The important factors for recovery.
We deliver the only licensed Mental Health Fist Aid training in the country, accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is open to anyone who would like to take on the role of Mental Health First Aider within an organisation.
Anthony Taylor, Consultant
Anthony is a MH England qualified Mental Health First Aid Instructor, qualified NLP Coach and an experienced trainer and facilitator. Find out more about Anthony here
Delegate spaces are £245 excluding VAT, including all course material.
If you require any further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A full agenda and joining instructions will be issued prior to the event.