Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is for anyone who would like to support colleagues facing mental health issues and improve understanding and attitudes towards mental health in the workplace. The course is a blend of 4 live online training sessions (which range from 1.45 – 2.5 hours) and self-learning activities, spread across 2 weeks.
- Session 1 – 7th June 2021 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Session 2 – 9th June 2021 at 9:00 am -11.30 am
- Session 3 – 15th June 2021 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Session 4 – 17th June 2021 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
This course is designed to teach how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis. It also provides people with the tools to support their own mental health and their colleagues.
YOU WILL LEARN
- an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the mental health first aid action plan
- enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- knowledge to help someone recover by guiding them to further support, including self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP.
On completion you will be a certified Mental Health First Aider.
Delegate spaces are £245 (excl VAT), full joining instructions will be provided prior to the event.