We live in a changing world where online communication is becoming the ‘new normal’. This interactive virtual workshop aims to share ideas, experiences and utilise the knowledge we have all gained since lockdown. You will share and learn some new tools and techniques to get the best out of remote meetings. The session will be interactive, so come prepared to participate.
- Understand the barriers to communicating virtually
- Understand why effective communication is even more important when managing remotely
- Understand why using different communication approaches encourages engagement and participation in meetings
- Understand how to make the most of virtual meetings, briefings, and webinars as a communication tool
- Will consider two things you plan to do differently back in the workplace
YOU WILL LEARN
- How we will work together
- What happens when organisational/department communication goes wrong?
- What’s gone well/not so well in a virtual communication world?
- What gets in the way of effective communication in a virtual world?
- What expectations do our staff have of us when communicating with them remotely
- Maximising all communication approaches for remote staff
- Making the best use of virtual meetings to keep the engagement.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Managers & Team Leaders who facilitate remote working teams
Anne Kennedy has been supporting organisation for over 25 years across both the public and private sector, to drive a customer-focused culture through excellent leadership. She is passionate about delivering good customer service through organisations, from the most senior leader to the staff delivering the service. As a Level 7 qualified coach and MBA graduate, she has worked with organisations to improve how they manage and lead their staff, ensure a customer-centric culture with the right processes for excellence. This means she is able to use her coaching and training skills along with her business knowledge to develop and facilitate an organisation’s strategic thinking around customer service.
She ensures leaders have customers at the heart of everything they do and has helped organisations achieve recognition through Quality Standards such as Customer Service Excellence and Investors in People.
Outside work, Anne competes in Triathlons and has a passion for learning about wine, having run two Wine Societies for many years. This of course means that regular trips into France and wine country are an essential part of her learning.