Change is all around us and can bring huge benefits, but unless you deal with people’s real and imagined fears and concerns, most of us will try to avoid it.
Change happens in different ways depending on the circumstances. Understanding the different types of change and the effect change may have on different people is important as how it’s managed can set the path for trouble or triumph.
This session is designed for new or first-time managers who want to develop their management skills and learn how to manage themselves and their team through a period of change.
The session will be interactive and use accelerated learning techniques to ensure the best possible outcomes.
When teams or organisations are going through a period of change, managers and team leaders have a key role to play to ensure change happens smoothly and effectively.
If you would like to learn the skills to ensure that change in your team or organisation happens positively, this course is for you.
YOU WILL LEARN
- To consider any changes you and your teams are going through now
How do you feel about the change?
How does your team feel about it?
- What you can do as a manager/team leader to help your team through this period of change?
- To consider the different ways people react to change and why
- The 12 reasons why people resist change
- The ‘Change Curve’ and what it teaches us about managing change
- Turning theory into action – making it personal
WHO IS IT FOR?
- New and aspiring managers and team leaders
- Longer serving managers/team leaders who feel they would benefit from a fresh approach to these issues
Phil Sweet, Training Consultant
Phil has worked as a training consultant and coach to the housing association and not-for-profit sector for the last 8 years. He has helped over 30 housing organisations and charities around the UK, training staff at all levels. Find out more about Phil here
Delegate spaces are £250 (excl VAT), an early bird rate of £199 (excl VAT) applies to bookings made before 15th of April 2020
If you require any further information, please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
A full agenda and joining instructions will be issued prior to the event.