One of the most challenging parts of managing performance is initiating conversations around difficult and sensitive topics. Every business needs to have managers who are able to handle disciplinary issues in the workplace effectively.
Tackling contentious issues in a balanced, calm and consistent way is a valued skill in all areas of life. In a workplace context these skills can help promote productivity, employee engagement and lead to an overall better managed workforce. Managers who avoid difficult conversations risk undermining their own position and potentially losing credibility with staff.
This session is designed for new or first-time managers who want to develop their management skills and learn how to manage staff absence and tackle disciplinary issues.
The session will be interactive and use accelerated learning techniques to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Staff absence and disciplinary issues are not necessarily linked but both, if not managed, can result in a breakdown in team morale and poor performance.
If you would like to learn techniques for managing these situations and ensuring positive outcomes for your team and your organisation, then this workshop is for you.
YOU WILL LEARN
- To understand & recognise some of the major causes of staff absence
- How to recognise the signs & symptoms which may lead to absence
- Consider the impact of staff absence on – the team, the organisation, the individual
- The skills needed to support your staff through sickness & absence
- How to carry out the ‘return to work interview’
- Why it is important to have a clear Disciplinary Process and how it should be used
- The behaviours and skills managers need to demonstrate when dealing with disciplinary issues
- Turning theory into action – making it personal.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- New and aspiring managers and team leaders
- Longer serving managers/team leaders who feel they would benefit from a fresh approach to these issues
Phil Sweet, Training Consultant
Phil has worked as a training consultant and coach to the housing association and not-for-profit sector for the last 8 years. He has helped over 30 housing organisations and charities around the UK, training staff at all levels. Find out more about Phil here
Delegate spaces are £250 (excl VAT), an early bird rate of £199 (excl VAT) applies to bookings made before 18th of March 2020.
If you require any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A full agenda and joining instructions will be issued prior to the event.