As an expanding business ARK needs an Assistant Management Accountant to support the Corporate Services Manager to oversee and manage all financial aspects of the business including management accounts, resource and budget planning, annual accounting process, banking, payments, cash flow, invoicing and credit control.
This role is immediately available and would be ideal for someone who can demonstrate previous experience of working in a similar environment with strong analytic skills looking to gain experience and join a growing organisation.
This position will be located at ARK’s Birmingham office.
Key responsibilities include, but are not confined to:
- Monthly review, reconciliation and provision of Trial Balance to the Corporate Services Manager for preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts.
- Assist the Corporate Services Manager with the Preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts.
- Assist the Corporate Services Manager with the Preparation of the Annual Accounts Pack.
- Monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet Accounts to include:
- Fixed Assets
- Work in Progress
- Debtors Control Account
- Creditors Control Account
- VAT Control Account
- Company Credit Card
- Petty Cash
- Prepayment & Accruals
- Provide finance support and assistance to the CHIC team.
- The processing of daily transactions to the Sage Line 50 accounts system to include client sales invoices, Associate invoices, Director and Leadership Team Fee Claims and Third-Party Supplier invoices.
- Monthly production of Client invoices.
- Processing of weekly Supplier payments to include maintenance of Trade Creditors & production of supplier remittances and processing payment via Bankline.
- Credit Control and liaison with Clients, Associates & Suppliers as necessary.
- Daily bank reconciliation of Current and Liquidity account.
- Preparation and review of Quarterly VAT Return to include reconciliation of VAT Control account.
- Providing additional services by agreement and when necessary to cover the absence of the Corporate Services Manager.
- A qualified or part-qualified accountant with the relevant financial management experience for a £5m turnover company.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to understand, evaluate and present data for reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills / team player and a quick learner
- Ability to handle multiple projects at any one time, good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong IT skills
- A qualified or part-qualified accountant.
This job description accurately reflects the requirements of the post at the time of writing. It does not fully describe all activities and all staff are required to operate flexibly and in accordance with ARK’s and its clients changing requirements.
To apply for this role, please forward a CV and covering letter to Mark Askey our Corporate Services Manager – email@example.com
If you would like to discuss this position further on an informal basis, please contact Mark Askey on 0797 346 2635 or 0121 515 3831