ARK Consultancy is Managing Agent for Central Housing Investment Consortium Ltd (CHIC), a non-profit making consortium of affordable housing landlords. CHIC aggregates landlord volume in asset management and development functions to reduce procurement costs and provide managed services to deliver improved efficiency and value. BuildSmart is CHIC’s ‘product’ to support its members to develop new homes efficiently and effectively, delivering high quality outcomes and savings.
Key responsibilities include:
- Commercial cost support to the CHIC team and CHIC’s members around all development and related costs at a detailed level, supporting members in the delivery of a growing programme of diverse development projects
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate pricing catalogue for all CHIC BuildSmart products and for comparative schemes in the development market place
- Ensure accurate and timely management of all contract and other documentation, financial and programme monitoring and fee invoicing
- Qualified Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager with the skill to analyse and understand costs at detailed and strategic levels
- The ability to work proactively with colleagues and partners to identify and solve challenges to achieve viable projects
- The ability to see the bigger picture – connecting development scheme detail to strategic objectives of changing and improving market approaches through full off-site manufacture.
- The ability to build positive relationships
- Meticulous record keeping
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent cost management skills and understanding of value
- Strong track record in housing development and construction.
If you would like a discussion about this role, please phone John Fisher, Director on 0121 515 3831.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria above to Samantha Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 1pm on Thursday 12th July 2018.